We had a great busy weekend this past weekend.
Friday I was able to get my hair done, I had put it off for 15 weeks so it was needing some attention. I was still a tad swollen from Thursday's swelling bout but nothing too bad. Mom and I went to Target to try and buy one of those foot spa things to soak my tootsies. Well to my surprise they are a "seasonal" item only sold at Christmas. SERIOUSLY? Don't people want pretty feet in summer too? Strange I thought.
Saturday our great friends Jake and Robin came for a visit with their 2 beauties, Alyssa and Amanda. Amanda was born at the end of March so this was our first time meeting her since they live in Colorado. What a cutie! And still has that perfect C-section head! Robin came with about 3-4 garbage bags full of clothes for me and Ryan. Needless to say we are pretty set for a while. (THANK YOU AGAIN ROBIN!!) Alyssa was DYING to ride BJ, our 30 year old horse, so she got to take a little ride on him and the entire time I don't think her smile left her face. After that we had some lunch and then headed out to Monterey. We were a bit skeptical due to the not so great weather but lucky for us we got there and it was beautiful! YIPPEE! We started at the wharf and as we were walking up Alyssa pointed out that she "thought she got her face painted here once." Sure enough! Last year when they were out and we went to Monterey she had her face painted. Man the things kids don't forget! Oh, she is 4 by the way! After walking around there for a bit we headed to Cannery Row for dinner at Bubba Gumps. Still not overly impressed but they had a Cookie Sundae (kinda the same thing as a Pizookie for your BJ fan's) and boy was it YUMMMMMY!
Sunday, Father's Day, was a bit mellow. Steve went off to ride and I think I got in about 3 naps. It was LOVELY! In the afternoon as we were sitting in the living room I got a nice little sharp "pain", pretty positive it was a braxton hicks contraction. Steve got "worried" and said that his father's intuition was telling him we needed to go to the hospital. How cute is he?? We didn't go. Everything is fine, only a few of them happened and its pretty normal to start feeling them around now . . or so I'm told. . . I don't remember having them with Breanna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment