So I went to my cycle day 3 appt, with full on cramps, dreading the wonderful vaginal ultrasound. I get there and of course they are running late by about 20 minutes. Finally the RNP that had done my first 2 IUI's comes in smiling and asks me if I'm ready for all of this. I said I think so. Then she told me that Dr. D had left her explicit instructions that he wanted me on 3 powders for 3 days and then 2 powders for 3 days then to be rechecked. (Powders meaning the 75IU bottles that I have to mix myself with the saline/water solution.) I told her that we only practiced with 2 powders in the class and she assured me I would be fine. Basically this means I am at 225IU for 3 days then 150IU for 3 days then I go back on Monday for a recheck. So she then did the ultrasound and said I had 5 (YES, FIVE) follies on the left and 6 (YES, SIX) on the right . . . THAT IS ELEVEN!!! We only need one right?? She did not measure them but saw them and also said they were behind my uterus in case the next person that I see has problems seeing them, whatever that means.
My next appt is Monday, 7/7, at 4:30, which will be cycle day 9 and then we figure out how I am responding to the meds and see what to do from there, either continue more shots for a few days or do the trigger shot of Novarel to release the mature egg/s. I also have to go in that morning before 8am and do a blood test for them to check my estrogen and progesterone I think.
So, I leave the drs office and go over to the special satellite office that they have the fertility meds at and of course the computers are down. So they had to call over and get the verbal prescription. Then they tell me its gonna be about 20 more min, so I said ok I will go pick up my husband and come back. So I leave, go get Steve, come back and they are ready. As I walking and go to sit down and they say Shannon your meds are ready. I see the girl go to the back counter and grab this HUGE grocery bag/NobHill type paper bag with handles filled with "my stuff". My gut reaction spoke out loud and I said "Are you kidding me" haha she started laughing and said "Merry Christmas". I must admit that I do have pretty good insurance because for the bag filled with fun meds it was under $40. I got out to the car and Steve was like HOLY SH&# haa I just looked at him and said um yah!
When we finally got home after running some other errands (buying a new dishwasher, new couch and chair, and dinner - fun stuff) it was time to make my way to the bedroom to start the shots. I rewatched the "how to" video just to refresh myself and shockingly remembered everything. The worst part about the shots was making sure there were no air bubbles and that I got the right amount of the water solution in the syringe that needed to be mixed with the 3 powders. Honestly the shots were not bad AT ALL. I did bleed for a second after taking the needle out. The scariest part was mixing the solution with the powder and making sure I did all that correctly. ACK its so real now!!!
My next appt is Monday, 7/7, at 4:30, which will be cycle day 9 and then we figure out how I am responding to the meds and see what to do from there, either continue more shots for a few days or do the trigger shot of Novarel to release the mature egg/s. I also have to go in that morning before 8am and do a blood test for them to check my estrogen and progesterone I think.
So, I leave the drs office and go over to the special satellite office that they have the fertility meds at and of course the computers are down. So they had to call over and get the verbal prescription. Then they tell me its gonna be about 20 more min, so I said ok I will go pick up my husband and come back. So I leave, go get Steve, come back and they are ready. As I walking and go to sit down and they say Shannon your meds are ready. I see the girl go to the back counter and grab this HUGE grocery bag/NobHill type paper bag with handles filled with "my stuff". My gut reaction spoke out loud and I said "Are you kidding me" haha she started laughing and said "Merry Christmas". I must admit that I do have pretty good insurance because for the bag filled with fun meds it was under $40. I got out to the car and Steve was like HOLY SH&# haa I just looked at him and said um yah!
When we finally got home after running some other errands (buying a new dishwasher, new couch and chair, and dinner - fun stuff) it was time to make my way to the bedroom to start the shots. I rewatched the "how to" video just to refresh myself and shockingly remembered everything. The worst part about the shots was making sure there were no air bubbles and that I got the right amount of the water solution in the syringe that needed to be mixed with the 3 powders. Honestly the shots were not bad AT ALL. I did bleed for a second after taking the needle out. The scariest part was mixing the solution with the powder and making sure I did all that correctly. ACK its so real now!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment