So today I had my follow up to see how my little follies are responding to the lovely Menopur injections. Let me just say that I am not a fan of this medicine but if it does the trick then it will be well worth it! I am having lovely side effects, which I was told are very normal with all my poor body has been through. Basically I am having all the symptoms of morning/all day sickness without being pregnant, as well as lovely headaches leaving me foggy and hot flashes. This pretty much kept me down over the holiday weekend. Fun stuff!
It started out by having to have bloodwork done before 8am. They took 2 viles and I got a good nurse that actually listened to me when I told her I had small veins that rolled. Hooray! So I went to my follow up in the afternoon and the nurse came in and let me know that all of my bloodwork looked great, Progesterone 0.3 and Estradiol 336. We then moved on to the ultrasound. She informed me that my lining was good - I believe she said 8 something?? Then she moved on to search for the follies, where she found 3 good ones responding out of the 11 . She found 2 good ones on the left, 15.1 and 12.2. On the right there was a smaller one at 9.5 and a few other smaller ones. Unfortunately the side the larger ones are on is the left, the side there is no tube. She did tell me that it is not impossible for an egg to be released from the left ovary and transfer to the right tube so fingers crossed.
So what is next? I will do 2 more nights of injections, back up to 3 powders. Then on Wednesday night at 11:00PM (can you say alarm clock? ha) I need to do my trigger shot to release the egg/s. Then I will go in Friday morning at 11am for my IUI.
Fingers crossed for me, I'm not sure I could do another month of these injections with the side effects. Of course the end result is worth it and I will do what I have to but it is definitely not fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment