Sorry I have been a little MIA lately, the last few months have flown by quite quickly. We ended up doing quite a few rounds of IUI's, 9 to be exact, all ending with a negative response. We were told that we should really consider moving on to IVF, so after lots of thinking and thinking we had our consultation in November with Dr. E to discuss our options. She went over my history and agreed that we should move forward and that she was currently scheduling for March.
We left there, talked some more and decided to go for it. I called and paid our deposit and got on the calendar for my SHG (sonohysterogram) and trial transfer for mid December. The day I went for those she asked me if I had paid my deposit, I told her I had, and she asked me if I wanted to move up to the January cycle! I was SO excited!! Left the appt and called Steve to tell him the great news, this was really getting real!
I ordered my meds and got them the first week of January . . . I thought the meds for the IUI's were a lot . . . those were nothing! Now I had a calendar to go by each day and not only was I taking meds but Steve got to also. He was thrilled to say the least!
We started doing our shots on Friday, January 17th and had our extraction on Thursday, January 29th. They ended up getting 12 eggs from me, and out of those 12, 9 ended up fertilizing! Great news! We were on stand by as to when our transfer was going to be, either a 3 day transfer would be Sunday, Feb 1st (SuperBowl Sunday no less) or a 5 day transfer would be Tuesday, Feb 3rd. We got the call Sunday morning around 8:30 that it was our big day. I had to drink 36 ounces of water before getting there and I seriously thought I was going to POP! Luckily the nurse let me relieve a little before going in. Bless her!
Dr. E and the embryologist came in and talked to us and we went over the report and decided to put back 3 embryos with the grades 9-II; 8-II and 7-II. (A grade 8-I on day 3 is what they consider to be perfect.) Steve got to see the ones we transferred back under the microscope. He said they were sooooooo tiny! After that he got to stay in the room with me while they did the transfer. It was the coolest thing ever! We were watching the monitor and saw 3 little "air bubbles" enter into their little home for implanting. They gave us a picture of them and of course I think they are just the cutest things ever! haha
We left the clinic and made it home in time for SuperBowl and some relaxing! I took the next week off and did absolutely nothing it was great! We were scheduled to do our beta pregnancy test on Thursday, Feb. 12th. Monday morning I woke up sweating. I thought this was strange because the only time that ever really happened before was when I was pregnant the last two times. So I broke out a test, knowing it was WAY early and not expecting anything, took it, got in the shower and went on with getting ready for work. After I got out of the shower I looked at the test . . . there was the SLIGHTEST and I mean slightest 2nd line! I went back and forth from the bathroom to the bedroom to see if I could see better in different lights. Officially lost it now. So I called Steve and of course he was in denial. Here is pretty much how the conversation went:
Me - "Honey I think it worked, I think we are pregnant! I took a test and I think there was a really really faint 2nd line"
Him - "Did you see a line or do you think you saw a line?"
Me - "I think I saw a line"
Him - "Do you think you saw a line or do you want to see a line?"
Me - "Well of course I want to see a line, but I really think I did"
This conversation basically left me to do nothing other than to take the digital test that came in the kit that I bought. So when I got home from work that day I took the test, again knowing it was very early and that if it came back negative that would be "ok" because my real beta was not for another 3 days. Well low and behold it came back "YES+" YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! So the home tests continued until Wednesday and Thursday I went in for my bloodwork. Two hours later we got the call. . . . IT WORKED!! We were pregnant! I went back Tuesday, 2/17, for my 2nd test to make sure my numbers were rising and they were right on track! Up from my first 115 to 1360!
So now I am now waiting for my 6 week ultrasound this Thursday, 2/26, to see if 1 or 3 of those little air bubbles stuck . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Loved your whole story. It is really amazing what we have went through to get those buns in the oven. I had to crack up over the phone convo with your hubby. Wow, I could have swore that was Jeff you were talking to. How many conversations I have had with him that have sounded like that. lol. Loved the little embryo photos too! Wow, I was pretty knocked out by all the meds you had to take though. That is amazing! I'm soooo glad that it worked for you. I have been cheering for you and knew it was going to work out for you. Please take it easy though. I took the 1st trimester to lay around and give Isaac all the relaxation he needed to grow. If I was back in CA, I would give you the biggest hug!
Post a Comment