Monday, August 17, 2009

An "official" 8th grader . . . and some other pics

Well today was Breanna's first day of 8th grade and she survived, barely but she did. She was slightly disappointed to find out that none of her friends are in her class, mom on the other hand was not so disappointed. She was not sure what to think of the teacher they posted her with, in the past she has been a Kindergarten teacher so this is her first year teaching 8th graders. Can you say quite a jump?

I drove her to school this morning and before I could even completely turn into the driveway she had the door open and was trying to get out. Ummm hello little Miss Teenager there are cars behind me trying to get in the same driveway. OY! I made her take the bus home, which mind you drops her off at the end of our driveway! She was way less than thrilled and even threw a small fit on Sunday about this. I told her she needed to take it so the bus would know that it needed to stop there Tuesday morning to pick her up since I would be at work and not able to drive her. Well she gets out of school at 3pm and she did not get dropped off until 4:30pm! Yep 90 minutes on the bus when we live 1 block (which is also 1 mile) away from her school. Needless to say she was a tad, oh ummmm lets see . . . GRUMPY when she finally got home. Oh well she survived.

First day of school and already has homework in Geomotry. I guess that is what happens when you are taking advanced classes in 8th grade. She informed us that next year when she is in high school (GULP) she will start out in Advanced Algebra 2. SIGH . . . good thing Papa is good at math! She also gave ME homework! Seriously? I'm the mom, there is a reason I am not in school anymore! I had to fill out this paper that let her teacher know 2 strengths (including examples!) and also something that I think she can improve on. Seriously is this a job interview? "What do you think your strengths and weaknesses are and why" I wanted very badly to say how one great strength was her texting ability but figured I better not so I was good and wrote positive things.

Every year on the first day of school, like most moms, I take her picture. Of course she HATES this but I still insist. Here are a few pictures from this morning.







Also, here are a few pictures that Janin took from our ultrasound trip last week. . .


Heading out to the hall to do my "marching" to get Ryan to change positions



Breanna "comparing" our tummy sizes . . . not much difference you think?



Breanna helping me march down the hallway - pretty sure she was just making fun of me having to do this



29weeks 4days; August 10th, 2009

No comments: