Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dear Abby . . .

Dear Abby,

My last day in the office is scheduled to be next Friday, 9/11. Needless to say I am in MAJOR count down mode.

We have to take 6 days of PTO mandatory in Q1 which is August - October, so I smartly decided that I would take mine before my leave goes into effect on the 24th. So my current break down is,

9/14-23 = PTO
9/24 = Maternity leave starts

I'm scheduled to come back January 19th, after maternity leave and baby bonding - of course based on my due date of 10/22.

Well my lovely boss just accepted a new job on Friday so things are beyond hectic right now. She had NO backup plan for support while I was out and is of course just now freaking out about it.

She calls me this morning and asks me if there is any way I can push my leave out a week and have my last day be the 18th.

I told her, not if I have to take the mandatory PTO that we have to take.

She comes back with . . . what if you work from home the week of the 14th and then come back a week later in January.



UUUGGGGHHH!!!! So now I am totally torn! I was so on count down and ready to be out of here and not care, because this woman drives me INSANE. BUT if I can work from home for a week now and come back a week later and have more time home with Ryan it might be worth it.

BUT, what if I end up not reporting to her with this new position? Then I am basically "SOL" because of what she agreed to based on her being my boss.

I told her I have to check with my dr on Friday . . . . so what would you do?????

Signed,
Sooo ready to be on maternity leave

No comments: