Sunday, September 20, 2009

First week of leave . . .

Well this past week went by rather quickly. I sure hope the rest of my weeks off don't fly by like this! I had a pretty mellow week:

Monday - Woke up the princess, went to the grocery store - which wore me out, came home, took a nap, made dinner . . . pretty much my whole day, nice and boring.

Tuesday - Steve woke me up when he was leaving at 5:15AM to let me know the 86 year old neighbor was missing and the Sheriff's dept and Search and Rescue were out looking for him. Tried going back to sleep only to be woken up again by my alarm to get the princess up. Tried going back to sleep again only to be woken up by the door bell ringing to let me know they still had not found the neighbor. Decided it was not in the cards to sleep in this day so decided to get up. Did some stuff around the house and then headed to San Jose to visit my friend Jessica who had her baby on Saturday. They were still in the hospital for another day since Brandon had lost more than 10% of his weight. C-U-T-I-E is how I describe Brandon. Such a good baby too! After the hospital visit I ran to the mall and got Steve some new work pants, then headed to pick him up from work and home bound we were. Ohhh . . . I believe they did find the neighbor, we never heard for sure but there was a fire truck and a bunch of cars that went to the house across from us and then left, including Search and Rescue and the Sheriff's dept.

Wednesday - Woke up the princess and then did absolutely nothing and it was nice! Even got in an afternoon nap! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE naps?

Thursday - These are early dismissal for the princess, so after I got her up, I stayed up and did a few things around the house. When she got home at 1 we headed to San Jose so I could pick up my paperwork at the hospital for my disability leave. Then we headed up to Kimmie's house to meet Steve so he could pick up the chair she was giving us. She had a denim glider that would go PERFECT in Ryan's room and since she doesn't use it anymore asked if we wanted it. I thought this was perfect since I could then put my other glider back in the front room and have 2 places to sit. Steve didn't stay long because he was not feeling well so he basically loaded up the chair and was off. Breanna and I stayed a few hours then headed home. When I got home Steve was already asleep, I took his temp and it was 101.8!! So I have been confined to the guest room ever since. Guess I should get use to it since this will be my room for the first few weeks when Ryan arrives.

Friday - Woke up the princess (Do you see a pattern here?) and then had to get ready because I had an appt at the CHP to install Ryan's carseat. Kimmie had put it in for me, well tightened it up, when I was there on Thursday, and the CHP Officer was VERY VERY impressed and must have praised her work 5 or more times. I think we found her new calling! He did end up moving it though and got it in the middle. We were not sure if it could go in the middle since our middle seat does not have the LATCH hooks but he got it there by using the seat belt. YIPPEE, makes me feel more comfortable having it there. After my appt I did a little shopping, hit the Carter's outlet, Target and Home Depot for Papa's birthday present, then home.

So as you can see, I've been staying busy but not totally overdoing it. Just trying to get stuff done before Mister Man gets here. I have an appt with Dr G in the morning. Ryan has been "less active" the last few days so I will bring that up. I'm sure its normal since we are getting to the end. I can't believe that in less than a month (or more than likely) he will be here!!!

No comments: