Friday, September 25, 2009

PRICELESS . . .

4 Dozen Donuts for classmates . . . $30.00
Dinner at Johnny Carino's with the family . . . $120
iPod Touch . . . $200
Winning first volleyball game of the season on 13th birthday . . . PRICELESS!!

Yesterday my baby girl turned 13! I'm still not sure where the years have gone, but I apparently need to pay closer attention this next time around or I will blink and Ryan will be turning 13.

Breanna asked me if I could get donuts for her to bring to school, my first reaction was "do they still do this at 13??" but apparently they do so who am I to argue. So I went first thing to the donut shop to get 4 dozen donuts for her to take to school.




After school she had her first volleyball game. She was a little less than thrilled with her coach who informed her the day before that she was going to be one of the "permanent setters" on the team so she would be rotated in. She thought this was a bad thing and I kept telling her to wait until the game to see how it goes. So off we went to her game and unlike last year where games were best out of 3, this year it's best out of 5. Well they lost the first two games and we thought we might be seeing a repeat of last years games. Then to our surprise and delight the girls started communicating and came back and won the next 3 games. Some of us parents got a little "heated" because the score keepers kept giving the opposite team the points, but that finally got corrected. Lucky for them, I'm sure the last thing they want is a 9 month pregnant hormonal mother on their hands. But all in all - THEY WON!!! AND, Papa even showed up during the game and surprised us all! He didn't think he was going to be able to make it and get off early but he did and I think the combination of winning and him making it made Breanna's day!




After the game we headed to Johnny Carino's for dinner so Breanna could enjoy her Veal Parmesan. Still trying to figure out where she got this acquired taste but whatever. At the restaurant she opened her gifts which included clothes and $ from grandma and papa and an iPod Touch from Steve and I. I actually went back and forth with the idea of getting her this gift, but then they announced the reduce in price and figured I would probably spend that much on clothes so I should just give in and get her what she "REALLY REALLY" wanted.

All in all I think my baby girl had a great 13th Birthday!!!!!

No comments: