So today I had my appt with Dr G and she did a quick ultrasound to see Ryan's position as well as check the amniotic fluid around him since I mentioned the "less movement". I am happy to say that he is head down and chances of him flipping at this point are apparently very low, thank goodness. The fluid around him is pretty good also. Apparently anything "7 and above" is considered normal and Dr G measured "17" . . . not sure what this exactly means but its apparently a good thing. Which also could be the reason I am not feeling him move so much, he's in a nice big waterbed. She said everything looked great and that I was about a fingertip softened so looks like we are about to be on our way.
I asked her how much she thinks he will weigh and she said she is guessing about 8lbs. She also mentioned that at my next appt, Oct 5th, that we will discuss inducing. She is willing to induce me a week early due to the gestational diabetes, which would put me at Oct 15th. This also happens to be Breanna's last volleyball game so I'm hoping more like Oct 16th or 19th. I still think it would be "neat" to have Ryan on the 18th which was dad's bday but since that is a Sunday I'm pretty sure they won't induce me then so unless he comes on his own that date is probably out. Of course none of this will matter if he decides to just come out when he is ready.
Right after my appt she sent me over to have my first Non-Stress Test with Margie, very nice lady who I will now be seeing weekly. Basically I get to lay on a bed on my side with 2 belts around my waist, one for the heartbeat and one to measure contractions. Then I have a little buzzer type thing that I get to press each time I feel baby move. When she first hooked me up Ryan was sleeping SOUNDLY and wanted nothing with moving around.
Margie gave me some saltines and ice water (YUMMY) to try and wake him up. She said she couldn't give me juice due to the GD - even though it is completely controlled by diet - so I laid there sipping my water and munching saltines hoping it would help wake the little guy up. Apparently, unknown to me, it worked because when she came back, about 15 min later, she could tell he had been active. So I laid there a little longer because she wanted him to be really active and he not only woke up but woke up with hiccups! So I got to lay there and HEAR the hiccups in his heartbeat as well as feel them for the first time. Pretty cool!
About another 20 min or so she was satisfied with movement and I got to go. I will see Margie for this test every Monday morning now for the next 4 weeks, unless Ryan decides to come earlier.
I left and went over to admitting and turned in my paperwork so technically we are all set . . . head down and ready to go! Guess I should start to get my bag packed now . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment